30 Apr Laboratory Associate – Edmonton (part-time)
(part-time 0.4 FTE, 16 hours per week, based in Edmonton)
Molecular You Overview
Molecular You™ Corporation is a digital health company that provides individuals a personal health assessment that gives a full picture of current and future health and a personalized action plan to help stay healthy; all from a single blood sample. Our mission is to utilize molecular profiles of individuals to provide personalized healthcare solutions in a usable and actionable format.
We are seeking a motivated, dynamic, and detail-oriented individual to join our Operations Team at our Edmonton location. Reporting to the Operations Scientist, The Laboratory Associate will be responsible for clinical sample management, and assisting in the development, implementation and execution of operation protocols.
More information on Molecular You can be found at www.molecularyou.com.
- Assists the Scientist to manage sample shipping, receiving, submission, storage, and disposal according to SOPs; ensure accuracy and timely update of sample records and patient privacy
- Inventory control and ordering of laboratory supplies and reagents
- Assists clinical sample collection and processing for research projects
- Maintains a filing system and appropriate record keeping
- Assists supply management including ordering, receipt, assembly, and distribution according to established procedures
- Assists the production of assay kits
- Participates in the development and maintenance of (SOPs) for clinical sample collection and sample management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Diploma or degree from post-secondary technical college or university majoring in Life Sciences.
- Able to operate in a highly secure and privacy ensured environment.
- Ability to lift 10-15 kg
- Ability to work efficiently. Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills. Able to positively communicate.
- Ability to deliver within defined timelines.
Desired Start date
May 15th, 2019
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 10th, 2019. Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.