20 Aug Molecular Biologist
Reports to: Director of Data Science
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a motivated, dynamic, and detail-oriented Molecular Biologist/Life Scientist to join our Data Science Team at our Vancouver location. Reporting to the Director of Data Science, the candidate will be responsible for:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Find relevant information from scientific and clinical research articles using online databases, including NCBI Pubmed, Google Scholar, etc. to find relevant information from scientific and clinical research articles
- Extract key information from research articles and from online resources, such as dbSNP, HMDB, UniProt, etc.
- Survey designated research area and keep curated information as up to date as possible
- Participate in scientific meetings involving integrative biology and multi-omics (genomics, metabolomics, proteomics)
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience:
At minimum, the candidate must possess or be in the final stages of completion of a Ph.D. degree, particularly in a life sciences or biomedical field such as Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, etc. A strong understanding of molecular genetics is highly desirable. Postdoctoral experience is preferred. The candidate must also have a solid understanding of how research literature is published and must understand how to effectively read and extract information from research articles. This position is a Mitacs grant-funded internship position so the candidate must also be eligible to secure an appointment with the University of British Columbia.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.