13 Jul Security Engineer
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Security Engineer will be the go-to person on the ground for information and system security. You will report to and work closely with our Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), our Development Lead, our Development Operations team and our third party vendors to develop and implement company security programs, respond to incidents, lead the team in securing the operation of endpoints and the cloud in line with the industry best practices, to ensure high levels of confidentiality, integrity and availability and to improve our security posture according to PCI, ISO
27000, PIPEDA, HIPAA, GDPR and other relevant standards and regulations.
- Helping to design and implement security and availability on endpoints and cloud apps;
- Maintaining information security practices, procedures and our security
- Working with both internal and external groups to ensure systems are securely integrated, configured, managed and supported in production;
- Delivering security training and awareness-raising initiatives;
- Researching, developing and/or implementing and maintaining detection tools and techniques;
- Responding to incidents in a timely manner and working with operations and engineering personnel to resolve the problem and return systems to normal operating conditions;
- Performing monitoring activities to ensure all systems and services are meeting service level agreements;
Staying on top of the latest security trends, related tools and security vulnerabilities, and providing recommendations to correct deficiencies and deliver improvements to help optimize the high availability, redundancy and security of our production infrastructure;
- Performing regular security audits;
- Supporting & troubleshooting issues on our endpoints and systems;
- Other tasks as required.
One or more years of experience with the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related
discipline; or equivalent working experience
- Experience supporting Mac workstations and/or Linux server environments;
Knowledge of international, Canadian and/or U.S. health information security
- Experience in cloud technologies (AWS or Azure);
Relevant ISC2 or SANS certifications highly desirable;
- G Suite experience a plus.
Clear verbal and written communication.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to meet deadlines and deal with multiple concurrent tasks.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, explaining why you’re a fit for this role and our company. We appreciate your interest! Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.