17 Jul Machine Learning Developer
Location: Vancouver, BC
About Molecular You
Molecular You is a personalized health company with a mission to help people take control of their health through personal health assessments and preventive action plans. The company analyzes the broadest range of biomarkers in North America, from a single blood sample, to give a dynamic view of an individual’s health.
MY Health Intelligence is the company’s digital health platform that brings together biomarkers, expert analysis and the latest global research in a visually intuitive dashboard. Founded by world leading scientists and clinicians, the company was originally part of the University of British Columbia’s (UBC) Personalized Medicine Initiative.
We are building something challenging and unique, with the potential to change healthcare for the better. Expect to learn a lot and solve interesting problems every day in a dynamic, team-oriented working environment. You will be working with a team of brilliant scientists and developers. We might add (with a hint of bias) that we are a pretty fun(ny) team!
We are looking for a passionate Machine Learning Developer to join our diverse team of scientists, bioinformaticians and software developers working to establish mathematical models and predictive algorithms to predict underlying health risks and emerging long term health issues. You will report to and work closely with our Development Lead, Bioinformaticians, our Data team and our third party vendors to work on existing ML models as well as develop new models.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of work experience in machine learning and/or data science, OR a Master’s/Ph.D. in a relevant field (ML, data science, mathematics or statistics) and 1 year of applicable experience
- Experience working with a wide range of predictive and decision models and data mining techniques, as well as tools for developing such models
- Proficiency in working with big data
- Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift and EMR
- Clear verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and deal with multiple concurrent tasks.
- No previous biology experience required, but a desire to learn more about the field is!
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining why you’re a fit for this role and our company. We appreciate your interest! Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.